Material Wait Times Cut in Half to Save $75 Million with Jovix
The project used Jovix on two projects in Alberta, Canada. One is a sustainment project on operation facilities, consisting of a wastewater treatment plant and a booster pump house.
- Crews were 5% unproductive due to waiting on materials.
- Contractor claims on late material was estimated to cost the project $10 million.
- Did not have a way to create material withdrawal requests (MWRs) and pick lists across multiple commodities
- Material status updates had to be tracked across multiple documents, increasing the likelihood of errors.
What’s the Solution?
ACTIVE RFID TAGS
Materials are tagged at the supplier or fabricator and tracked through issue to construction.
RFID readers located throughout the supply chain provide automated updates.
Handheld devices are used to define GPS coordinates for tags and sync with the Jovix server.
VMRs collect data from RFID tags as vehicles travel across the jobsite.
How is Jovix Being Used?
- Warehoused materials are always visible with RFID tags and gate readers.
- Tablets are used to locate materials in up to 4 feet of snow.
- Jovix allows for multiple materials to be added to a single MWR and pick list, reducing transaction time.
- Jovix eliminates the need for multiple documents and reduces the chance for errors.
REDUCED MATERIAL WAIT TIMES BY
- Reduced material wait times by 50%, leading to an estimated savings of $75 million
- Decreased time to locate materials, increased receiving accuracy, and eliminated re-procurement costs, leading to an estimated savings of $10 million
- Increased mod yard efficiency, estimated to save $4.5 million
- Reduced time to create MWRs and pick lists
Want to learn more?
Reach out to schedule a demo.