EPC Firm Manages Materials Across 3 Separate Projects
An EPC firm is executing three separate projects for three different owners. In order to take advantage of common facilities, purchasing power, and overall project management, a consortium has been formed to oversee all three. This organization manages all material from the suppliers, through the mainland storage facilities, and handles the logistics process of getting all materials to each project.
- No systematic way to track and trace materials in cross-harbor logistics process and three jobsites
- Material availability caused scheduling delays
What’s the Solution?
ACTIVE RFID TAGS
Materials are tagged at the supplier or fabricator and tracked through issue to final construction.
RFID readers located throughout the supply chain provide automated updates.
Handheld devices are used to capture GPS coordinates for tags and sync with the Jovix server.
Tag readers collect data from RFID tags as vehicles drive through jobsite.
JOVIX SYSTEM COORDINATOR
An on-site subject matter expert helps ensure smooth Jovix adoption and drives additional value for the client.
How is Jovix Being Used?
- Locating materials on 3 jobsites across 150,000 acres at multiple laydown yards
- Delivery status data being collected by gate readers
- Cable reels tracking as unique reels
- Managing more than 300,000 pieces of material
- Providing visibility into schedule, identify conflicts or delays, reduce impact to timeline
Man Hours Per Week with Jovix
- Project processes over 300 material withdrawal requests per week and has realized a time savings of one hour per request
- Able to aggregate materials to a transfer unit in order to automate manifest / packing list creation
- Provided visibility into material location post-issue through installation
Want to learn more?
Reach out to schedule a demo.