Chemical Plant Receives, Picks, and Issues Materials 30% Faster with Jovix
Project at a glance: $900 million chemical plant in Louisiana
LINEAR FEET OF PIPE
Enough to stretch across more than 1,200 football fields
Roughly the same weight as 1,240 full-grown elephants
LINEAR FEET OF CABLES
Enough to extend from Baton Rouge, LA to Houston, TX
PCS. OF EQUIPMENT
Anything from pumps, compressors to vessels and columns
TONS OF STEEL
The equivalent of more than 9,400 telephone poles, 15,666 vending machines, or 47,000 manhole covers
CUBIC YARDS OF CONCRETE
Stacked one on top of another would reach about 10.6 miles into the sky
LINEAR FEET OF CABLE TRAYS
Placed end-to-end, the same length as 246 Olympic-sized swimming pools
These tie each pipe together. Their units couldn’t run without them.
Barcoding of all materials
Capture of GPS location for all outside materials; Named Locations for indoor materials
Receiving, Picking, and Issuing on mobile devices
Inspections and Preservation and Maintenance on mobile devices
Data integration with construction planning (ConstructSIM) and contractor ERP systems
TIME ON TOOLS
The Industry Standard?
- Overall 30% reduction in time required to perform receiving, picking, and issuing of material
- Contributed to 59% OSBL and 63% ISBL time on tools vs. industry standard of 34%
- Removed the need for double-handling of data
- No more receiving in the field via clipboard and data entry into the materials management system by a second person
- Less errors means less lost materials and reduced reordering
- “1 Click” for material pick for installation work packages
- Enabled project to maintain laydown staffing budget despite growing from 1 to 3 laydown yards
- Full visibility for frequency and success rate of preventative maintenance inspections
Want to learn more?
Reach out to schedule a demo.