BARCODES & RFID
How do I know which approach
is right for my Project?
How do I know which approach is right for my Project?
Passive RFID is a low-cost option that makes it feasible to tag every item as it’s shipped to your Project and while on the Jobsite. Depending on the model chosen, operating temps range from -40°C to +90°C.
- No internal power source
- Inexpensive (typically 15¢ to $5)
- Small and flexible to rugged and durable, Passive RFID Tags are available in many shapes and forms.
- Can last a lifetime
- Single use & reusable options
- Read ranges between 6m and 12m
- Best area of use: High-volume assets moving through fixed choke points in definable, uniform systems
Commonly used as beacons to track asset location via internal battery, Active RFID Tags are known for long read ranges and the ability to be read under snow and ice. Operating temps range from -40°C to +85°C.
- Battery powered
- More expensive than Passive Tags ($15+)
- Typically larger tags that are built to withstand harsh Construction environments
- Average battery life of 5 years
- Read ranges of 100m+
- Best area of use: High-volume assets moving within designated areas in random and dynamic systems
Barcode Labels are an inexpensive, traditional method of asset tracking. Their primary features are:
- Line-of-sight technology requires a scanner in order to read it
- Must be read one at a time
Bluetooth Low Energy
Currently under R&D with our Hardware Team, Bluetooth® Low Energy Tags have 3 major advantages:
- Read range similar to Active RFID Tags
- Lower price point
- No specialized hardware necessary to read as smartphones can already detect them
RFID & BARCODING
The first step to reducing material availability pain is the automated identification of materials.
Our Jovix Tested & Approved Mobile Devices are built to withstand the toughest Construction environment.
Learn more about the RFID & Barcode Readers that have scored high marks with our Team.
Want to learn more?
Reach out to schedule a demo.